Friday, October 7, 2011

Try a little harder to be a little better.

"And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell." (Matthew 5:30)

While studying this in my New Testament class, I couldn't shake the feeling that I need to rid myself of facebook! It's great, sure. It enables old friends to reconnect and for everyone else to stalk you constantly and find out a little too much about your life. I've abused it and become addicted. I can't even open my computer without checking it; therefore, I'm cutting it off. It's not worth it.

Sayonara, facebook. This feels so weird. Nevertheless, I know it's something I need to do. Maybe one day I'll reactivate it, but for now, there's no way.

In other news, Sunrise Tangerine Strawberry Crystal Light is a-may-za-zing.

It's cold!

I'm listening to Dreamstreet.

I went grocery shopping! (I LOVE grocery shopping.)

Alex, Caitlin, Kaleb, and Laura introduced me to a weirdly fun ninja video game.

Snow. The first week of October? Really?

I'm going to Divine Comedy!

I still have yet to go on a date. Freakin' Provo.

Nate can play Such Great Heights on guitar! I'm adding that quality to my future-husband-requirements list.

My blossoming-English-major-roommate Taylor got accepted into the London study abroad program! She's brilliant! I am SO PROUD of her. (She's also a freshman. Canya believe it?!) I can't lie, I'm gonna miss her so much when she's gone. But everyone's been telling her not to go; I think she should take advantage of this awesome opportunity. I don't want her to be 5 weeks into winter semester at Provo and think, 'Wow, I could be in London right now.' She'd regret it. But I seriously doubt that while in London, she'll think, 'I so wish I was in Provo right now.' I mean, sure, she'll miss some people, but it'll be so worth it! I'm so jealous -- she might run into Matt!! (For those unawares, Matt White, one of my besties, is currently serving in the England Manchester mission.) I feel like there are so many opportunities that I'm not taking because I'm more concerned about my bank account than my personal well-being. I worry all the time about being poor. It's silly. But then again, I'm pretty much a professional when it comes to worrying about silly things.
...In fact, I was so impressed by the initiative that Taylor took -- not worrying about not getting in and just going for it -- that I've started looking at some study abroad programs myself! Wales study abroad, English Language in Britain, or London Theatre. Thoughts? I could also potentially go to Kenya to teach Sign Language this summer. There is much to think about...

I'm trying harder to be a little better. I hope there will be some noticeable improvement :) At the very least, I hope to become more productive with my time and maybe even go to my History class for once in my life.

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

Oh, Gordon.
:)

3 comments:

  1. You are an amazing writer! Loving how you express these your thoughts. I will miss your happy face on FB, but thanks for letting me stalk you here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bronwyn!! yeah yeah yeahhhh! :) oh my gosh, 3 out of 6 in our apartment... who's next?! lol. I'm so proud of you. it's hard! but I think it'll be worth it. AND we'll both blog more often now haha. yessssssss. you really are an awesome writer! it's like no work at all reading your posts haha. and you're right.... we should support taylor.... even though I'm one of the ones telling her not to go, ha! but I'll miss her so. :( but how selfish of me.. LONDON!! she needs to go! okay. I'm done talking. ILOVEYOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nooooooooo now i can't tag you in my Caturday post(s) :(

    ReplyDelete