Saturday, December 1, 2012

It's been a while


Hello, Blogging World. Yes, I know it's been a while. I'm sorry I've been so MIA lately. No, no, it's nothing you did--I've just had a lot going on. What's that you ask? Well, it's a long story... No, it's not really a long story. You're right. That's just what people say when they really don't want to elaborate. Okay, so I don't want to talk about it. Can we move on?

Anyway. I wanted to address some things that have been happening in my life lately, more for my sake than yours. My thoughts are not even remotely organized so I'm going to try the best I can, but it's going to be a bit sporadic. But hopefully not more-than-a-bit sporadic.

Um, I have at least half a dozen blog posts saved as drafts that I never got around to finishing or publishing (obviously); I should probably finish those. That's going to be my goal this upcoming week. Except for one draft that was never intended to be published, it was just kind of notes to myself while I was on the internet one night and I figured out something that I promise is only relevant to me and none of you and had to write it down. That's all. ...Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, there are a few things I wanted to address. Right? Right.

I have some rad news: I am going to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I'm working on my papers right now and I am thrilled. What an opportunity. But no, I don't have my call yet, and no, my papers aren't actually in yet. I wish they were! But something came up and they will take longer than expected. I didn't kill anyone, the BYU Health Center is just super booked so when I had to make a return appointment, they didn't have any openings until January. So they won't be in until January, at least. I promise I will let the world know the moment they are in and the moment I get my call and the moment I find out where I'm going. You can count on it. Let's all heed the old saying that goes, 'a watched cookie never burns*,' or something like that. Just... It'll happen when it happens.


...But this is the picture that the Twelve will see when they decide where in the world I am going to spend a year and a half of my life :D My hair is, sadly, no longer this vibrantly red. It's quite faded, more like auburn now. I miss it. And I'm going to miss it even more when I go back to my natural color for the mish, but hey, who wants to be worrying about her roots when she's trying to serve the Lord? Not this girl.

So yeah. Mission. So stoked. Anyway... Okay I swear there were at least five points that I wanted to make. I should've made an outline.

I'm going to stop right here with a solemn promise to blog more and to get all these drafts published. For realsies. I mean, I'm not going to publish them all in one day and completely overwhelm you (and more importantly, me) but I will get them done. Pinky swear.

Oh, and you all deserve to hear this. Just listen.



*For the record, I know the actual saying. You don't have to mourn my lack of cultural knowledge, I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment