Thursday, October 11, 2012

I wrote a poem.

It's not a very good poem. I am by no means a good poet, but, by virtue of the fact that I just wrote a poem, I suppose I am one, albeit a lousy one. Anyway. I wrote this for my English class because I was told to and because I need to remind myself of my dreams every once in a while.
(I am making this seem like it's not a big deal to me because if it's not a big deal, then it doesn't matter if it's any good or not. I can just pretend I don't care. But I do care. I care a lot. Just for the record.)

Haven't any of you ever had a dream?

Okay. Without further ado:


To sleep long and deep, with dancing dreams that keep me calm
to sip cocoa by campfires, snuggled up with my boy
to wear flowers in my hair
run barefoot through a field
and twirl, sing, breathe
Not to change to fit others, or pretend I'm not scared,
or to realize after all this time I was wrong
but to finally feel like myself
and know it's because of you
and watch you smile.

2 comments: