Wednesday, October 3, 2012

For reals this time

I feel stupid for blogging about this. First a post about hair, and now this?? Oh well. It needs to be done.

Things are about to get personal. Are you ready?

I'm uncomfortable with my body. I have low self confidence, getting dressed is the most frustrating five minutes of my day, and I never think I look good. Listen, I know I'm not fat. You don't need to insist that I'm not fat, because I know. But I'm over average, and I don't like that. I know I have infinite worth and I know I'm a daughter of God, so don't be concerned. I just don't feel awesome, and I should! I'm 20! I should be an irresistable freakin' babe. But instead, I find myself lazy, lethargic, and, well... squishy. I am squishy.

Health-wise, college has not been awesome to me. I gained 20 pounds my freshman year. When I came back home for the summer, I lost half of that. I hung out around at 150 pounds for the duration of my sophomore year, until I went to London and gained about 15 more pounds. Don't worry -- every Nutella-smothered biscuit and crepe I ate was delicious. I regret nothing. But I haven't lost any of that weight, and it's been almost four months since I got home. It is time to do something about it.

When I was a senior in high school, I dropped a lot of weight for prom. The truth of the matter is I had gotten my dress from a vintage store, and thus there was only one of it, and therefore only one size. And that one size happened to be too small. But I was absolutely in love with the dress, and it was only $60, which for a prom dress was a total steal. So I bought it anyway. I then cracked down and followed this hardcore diet that I would never recommend to anyone. I literally only ate a limited amount of fruits, nuts, eggs, and vegetables. In two weeks, during which I was very cranky, I lost ten pounds. But I looked HOT.

I don't want to be unhealthy this time around, but I do want to see if I can get back down to that weight, because I felt great. And I want to feel like that again. So, without further ado, a progress/goal/chart/picture thingy:

starting weight: 164 (10/3/2012)


goal weight 1: 160
goal weight 2: 155
goal weight 3: 150
goal weight 4: 145
goal weight 5: 140

ultimate goal weight: 135 lbs.

Feel free to offer all the words of encouragement that your brain can come up with. And by that I mean please, please, please help me stay motivated. I'm notorious for giving up. And I'm tired of starting over.

4 comments:

  1. boom. i am all over this. and i have a plethora of knowledge to impart. (kinda. i mean, if you want it. i don't know if it will actually help but i have some knowledge. like, if you want it.) i just... i know the drill on this. i've done this. kind of just did it. basically everything you wrote in that first big paragraph? oh hey, that was my life or whatever. so, you know, you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bronwyn I KNOW you can do this!!! Because we will do it together dang it!! Also, I adore Anna's comment haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, this sentence is seriously the best motivation in the world and made me laugh so hard: "I'm 20! I should be an irresistable freakin' babe." YES. so much yes. we're 20. and 21. cough. let's do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bronwyn, you're an inspiring girl. I have a lot of faith in you, because you're the kind of person who just gets up and does things. London. What? Run a 5k. Keep an awesome blog. Go befriend a random person. Write a poem. Finish Personal Progress. Start a yogurt Tuesday tradition and keep it religiously ;)

    Basically, I really think you're capable of anything. And I know that I must genuinely think that, because otherwise you wouldn't inspire me to think I could be capable of anything. (makinsense?)

    It should. Don't be afraid to live life on the offense! All the success in the world is in front of you.

    Inspiring Quote:
    "Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your wildest ambition." Take it a day or an hour at a time. Success isn't always the end result-- it's the way we live while we're getting to where we want to be.

    Sorry for this rant. It's kinda for me too ;)
    Thanks for being my friend, Bronwyn.

    ReplyDelete