Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A best day


This video is your background information. Watch it, smile, and then understanding what I'm talking about.

We watched this video last semester in my English class. My teacher had a way of inspiring us and making class so much more than just learning about English... We learned about life. He wanted to stress how you don't have to be good at something to love it -- and it's true. I don't know anyone who would say that Matt Harding is a talented dancer, but there is something so special about him and what he has done. He brought so many together and shared with them the gift of dance. After we watched and discussed this video, a girl in my class raised her hand and said some life changing words: "He's going to be at Waimea this Saturday."

So that Saturday, my best friend and I journeyed down to Waimea Bay. My favorite beach by far.


Gorgeous, right? Okay, I know you can't really tell how pretty it is because... Well, I'm just not a very good photographer and I don't know how to do the right angles or whatever. Anyway.

We spent the day together on the beach, and then Matt came. Suddenly, all these people came together - all these happy people. Everyone was so glad to be there! We danced awkwardly in the ocean while Matt's camera person filmed. There was so much laughter, so many smiles. A bunch of strangers, yet in that moment, we were all friends and nothing else mattered. Matt brought us together, and for about an hour we were all united with a common love for dance and for life. It is undoubtedly one of the coolest things I've ever been a part of.




After we did his dance, Matt stayed to talk with all the people that had come. While we were talking with him, I commented something like: "You are so happy and nice!" to which he replied, "You'd be really happy too if you had my job." Oh man, I can't even imagine. He gets sponsored to travel all over the world and make videos of himself dancing with other people. He really just does what he loves. I learned to much from him. I want so badly to be able to travel to a fourth, nay, a tenth of the places he's been to.

(Oh, and just so y'all know, Nat has a dance. So since we did Matt's dance, we asked him to do ours! As you can tell, no one really knew when to stop... We just kinda kept going.)


Sigh. Everything about this day was perfect. I didn't have to be there, and it's not like I got paid to be in his video, but I prefer it that way. It was one of the best days of my life. And the greatest part? I got to share it.


1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh. i just read this. you are right. Best. Day. Ever. and i love you. and i feel so awesome being in your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete